Richmond Night Market
Due to poor weather conditions, this event has been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Join your GSS on an excursion to one of North America’s best Night Markets located right here in the Lower Mainland.
- Ride the SkyTrain and meet us outside the gates of the Richmond Night Market at 6:45pm
- Get off at Bridgeport station and see signs directing you to the main gate.
- Look for our bright orange GSS flag and meet us there!
What is a night market? Popular in Asian culture, a night market is an open-air street market that operates in the evening and is generally dedicated to more leisurely strolling, shopping, and eating than more businesslike day markets.
With over a million guests last year, the Richmond Night Market has become the Lower Mainland’s top spot for summer visitors with over 100 vendors and a diverse line-up of nightly performances. This year, the night market transforms into the Magical Dino Park, home to 18 dinosaurs that move, roar and take you on a prehistoric adventure you won’t find anywhere else!
At the Richmond Night Market, you will find over 500 food items from all over the world. BBQ skewers, Japanese takoyaki and hand-pulled ramen, Korean topokki, German pork hock, dim sum, shaved ice, fresh fruit drinks, LED cotton candy, and so much more! Also try other delicious foods including spiral potatoes on a skewer, barbecued skewers of meat and seafood (including squid, a market favorite), mango desserts and drinks, dragon’s beard candy, bubble waffles, and the list goes on!
Retail vendors at the night market bring together some of the hottest items and most unique accessories – including jewelry, clothing, cell phone cases and everything you didn’t know you needed – at inexpensive, street-side prices.
The Richmond Night Market is cash only – you must bring $3.25 for gate fare to enter the market.
Tips and Tricks
- Bring cash! There are a very limited amount of ATM’s meaning there are long lines. Come prepared! (Average meal cost is $8)
- Bring your appetite and a camera! The Richmond Night Market is no stranger to having crazy foods that make perfect photo ops (squid on a stick anyone??)
- Bring a bag or backpack to carry shopping items in